In keeping with the 50 Series’ commitment to purity of sound, the AT5047 includes the four-part rectangular element originally developed for the AT5040. Four exquisitely matched ultra-thin diaphragms function together (with outputs proprietarily summed) as Audio-Technica’s largest-ever element, providing combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm.
By using four diaphragms in a single capsule, the AT5047 delivers the benefits of an exceptionally large diaphragm – along with an extremely low noise floor – without increased weight, decreased transient response or other drawbacks that typically restrict diaphragm size.
The AT5047 also incorporates the AT5040’s advanced internal shock mounting design, which effectively decouples the capsule from the microphone body, and comes with the innovative AT8480 shock mount, first introduced with the AT5040.
Each AT5047 microphone is hand assembled and individually inspected for 100% quality control. The microphone is enclosed in an elegant housing of aluminum and brass with a high-quality silver finish.
Discrete components have been selected for optimized performance. In fact, every aspect of the microphone has been carefully considered to minimize any effects on the audio signal.
• Exceptionally wide dynamic range captures the full, expressive character of instruments and voices – from the caress of drum brushes to powerful vocal performances
• Four rectangular diaphragms (2 micron) function together to provide a combined surface area twice that of a standard one-inch circular diaphragm
• Discrete components carefully selected and optimized for maximum performance and compatibility with standalone microphone preamps and console inputs
• Transformer-coupled output provides smooth sonic character
• Hand assembled and inspected for 100% quality control