United Arab Emirates
Card Box Packaging
Audio-Technica BP4029 Stereo Shotgun Microphone, 236mm
BP4029 Stereo Shotgun Microphone, 236mm. Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists. Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements. Switchable low-frequency roll-off and Operates with phantom power only
Out of stock
Based on models originally developed for use in the broadcast of the Sydney Games in 2000, the BP4027 (14.96″ long) and BP4029 (9.29″ long) Stereo Shotgun models are engineered for high-end broadcast and production use. Both microphones feature independent line-cardioid and figure-of-eight elements configured in an MS (Mid-Side) arrangement with switch-selectable internal matrixing. These innovative microphones allow sound recordists the choice of selecting a left-right stereo output (wide or narrow) via the microphone’s internal matrixing system or choosing discrete Mid-Side signals for later manipulation, a flexibility not available from any other manufacturer.
A switchable low frequency roll-off filter helps minimize the pickup of unwanted low frequency noise. These phantom-powered models feature a rugged lightweight design and sleek black color scheme, perfect for on-camera use.
• Designed for broadcasters, videographers and sound recordists
• Ideal for recording distant sounds, tightened with excellent off-axis noise rejection
• Compact, lightweight design is perfect for camera-mount use
• Independent Line-cardioid and Figure-of-eight condenser elements , configured in MS mode
• Picks up natural ambience without colouration or distortion
• Switchable low-frequency roll-off
• Compact lightweight metal microphone (only 142g) adapted for use on camera
• Switch selection of non-matrixed M-S mode and two internally-matrixed left/right stereo modes
• Two stereo modes: wide angle (LR-W) or narrow angle (LR-N)
• Low-cut filter 80 Hz with 12 dB / octave
• Operates on Phantom power
• Includes a 0.61 m (24″) Y-shaped cable (5-pin XLRF to two standard 3-pin XLRM connectors)
“two condenser capsules”
The BP4029 is equipped with two independent electret capsules, one configured as narrow cardioid and the other configured in figure of eight MS mode (central-lateral) with provision for adjusting the width of the stereo image in postproduction or outside by means of a matrix mixer.
“Two stereo modes”
With the BP4029 you can choose between a wide sound recording angle (LR-W) – whereby the microphone captures more ambient noise, or a narrow sound recording angle (LR-N) where the rejection is greater and ambient noises are mitigated.
“Compact and lightweight”
The BP4029 is manufactured from a lightweight but very sturdy aluminum, which can be heavily used in harsh environments. Its length is 380mm and it weighs 142g, making it ideal for installing on a boom. If its size were to be troublesome on certain cameras, it can also be used on a stand to capture distant sound sources.
The BP4029 benefits is strongly reinforced against radio waves, and mobile phone signal, to avoid interference when recording.
Switchable Low-cut filter for better isolation of unwanted noise, and effective reduction of wind noise.
The BP4029 has a three-position switch to determine the opening angle chosen: MS (50° / 10°), MR-W (80°) or RS-N (20°).
Comes with a clip, a foam windscreen, two O-rings and a carrying case.