The KS212C is the world’s first-in-class single-box powered cardioid subwoofer solution for highly portable entertainment and installation applications
Typically, subwoofers are omnidirectional, radiating sound equally in all directions. This results in troublesome, unwanted low-frequency build-up on stage as well as undesired, wasted LF energy at the rear of the system. In more recent years, concert sound providers have been able to create cardioid (heart-shaped) coverage of their subwoofer arrays through some clever manipulation of placement, delay and polarity, redirecting desired LF energy forward and minimizing energy at the sides and rear. Unfortunately, this technique is costly and requires multiple enclosures, amplifiers and processors.
The KS212C Solution:
Representing a breakthrough in innovation and design, the KS212C uniquely provides all the benefits of a cardioid subwoofer array, but in a single, compact enclosure. “Keeping bass in its place” for mobile entertainers, AV production and rental professionals, as well as modestly-sized performance venues, the KS212C is unparalleled in its ability to manage low frequencies on the stage, or any application where undesirable low frequency energy needs to be minimized.
• “First-in-class” compact single-box cardioid solution
• 3600 Watt Class D amplifier module
• Cardioid pattern provides -15 dB SPL attenuation front-to-rear
• Dual 12-inch, long-excursion drivers; Dual 6th order band-pass design
• Variable crossover and savable/recallable Scenes for commonly-used applications
• TFR™ (Turbulent Flow Reduction) port design provides optimal resonant tuning and high velocity air flow
• Refined, professional appearance looks great in any application
• Rugged painted wood enclosure for long life and lasting durability
• Deployment in either vertical or horizontal positions with M20 speaker pole fittings (36-inch speaker pole included)
• Optional KS LOC security cover prevents unauthorized tampering of controls
• Complete EASE and CAD information available online
• 6-Year Warranty