The PLX2 Series is a range of premium quality, highpower amplifiers designed for the most demanding live performance uses. Built on the third generation of QSC PowerLight™ technology, PLX2 amplifiers combine lightweight, superlative audio quality and proven QSC reliability. With power output up to 3600 watts, PLX2 amplifiers are capable of providing ample clean, undistorted output to the most power hungry speaker systems.
PowerLight switchmode technology replaces a large, heavy AC transformer (typically 20 lb/9 kg) with a highly efficient and lighter weight active design. Conventional AC transformers provide 100 or 120 energy pulses per second, the PowerLight supply delivers 190,000 to 230,000 pulses per second. More pulses make it easier to provide on-demand power for the amplifier’s output section. The power supply doesn’t “sag” so bass notes stay full and powerful while the high end remains crisp and clean.
PLX2 Series amplifiers have the refined but rugged good looks of professional power tools and high power machinery. A solid, cast-aluminum front panel adds style to any rack while acting as an integral I-beam, rigidly tying the chassis together for years of on-the-road reliability
The PLX2 Series now includes two approaches to meet a wider range of needs and budgets. The fully featured “02” models (1802, 2502, 3102, 3602) drive 2 ohm loads and add subwoofer processing and convenient rear-panel signal processing control switches to the original, still unmatched PLX platform. In addition, the compact “04” models (1104, 1804) have been added to bring the same performance and technology, plus even greater value, to applications that don’t require bridged or 2 ohm operation.
Features – All Models
• Very lightweight (“02” models, 21 lb/9.5 kg, “04” models 13 lb/5.9 kg)
• Cooling design exhausts hot air out the front, keeping the rack cool. Flow-through heat sinks require no filters that could become clogged
• Front panel LED power, clip, -10 dB, and signal present indicators for system monitoring and troubleshooting. 02 models also feature bridge and parallel mode LED indicators
• Speakon® NL-4 output connectors provide a positive-locking speaker connection. Ch 1 output uses all 4 wires for single-cable connection to bi-amplified speakers
• 21-position front-panel gain controls for precise, repeatable amplifier adjustment
• Balanced XLR inputs with parallel TRS connectors accommodate all common input connectors and support loop-through operation